Friday, March 23, 2012

My Favorite Little Fashion Accessory

So, as I might have mentioned in one of my previous posts a while back, everyone I know is getting married...I mean everyone. In total, I attended 10 weddings this year, about half a dozen bridal showers, a handful of bachelorette parties and engagement parties, rehearsal dinners and brunches. That is a lot of events....and a LOT of outfits! Thankfully, at my best friend's engagement party last January, I discovered my NEW best friend...Rent the Runway. The Bride-to-Be wore an absolutely stunning purple Yigal Azrouƫl dress that retails at $1,100, which she rented for $150. My BFF happens to be a barbie doll and would look amazing in a paper bag, so I was skeptical about trying out the service myself, but I have to say, I have not been disappointed!

Anyone who has had the fortune of running into me while I am wearing one of my rented emsembles has probably already gotten an earful on how much I love this website. In all honesty, I might have to write to Jen and Jenny from RTR and ask for a referral fee! Now it's your turn to hear my schpeel...

Rent the Runway offers a variety of designer dress, handbag, shoe and accessory rentals for 4-8 days, perfect for a short trip, Wedding or event! Some of these dresses retail for big $$$, but can be rented for as little as $50!!! Not sure of your size? Read the reviews from other women who have rented the specific dress you are interested in, then rent the size that you think you'll fit into (and be honest with yourself about your true size!), plus a second size for free, plus a completely different back up dress for as little as $25, in 2 sizes as well! Nothing from your order fits? Mail it back within 24 hours and RTR will give you a credit for your next order. The orders are mailed to you in a garment bag (which you can keep), and they are drycleaned, and ready to be worn. After you've worn it/them, just pop the dress in the mail in the pre-paid envelope and you're all set! How can you beat that?!

If you are like me, you never wear the same dress twice, so spending a lot of money on something I'll only wear once makes me cringe. This site allows me to spice up my wardrobe without spending a ton of money. Next time you have an event to go to, and nothing to wear, check out this site. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

Here are a few of my favorite rentals so far:
-This gorgeous teal draped dress from Theory - wore this to a Bridal Shower in late Spring with black tights and a black cardigan.
-Form-fitting Gold Nicole Miller dress - wore this to a formal Rehearsal Dinner in NYC and received a ton of compliments on it!

Happy Renting!

No comments:

Post a Comment